Wednesday 22 January 2014

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain


I know I'm late on this bandwagon but better late than never ey? So I was browsing the drugstore ( as you do ) and thought 'it's about time I tried this'. So I picked up this shade called '035 charm' because it looked like a nice nude and since it's the first crayon type lip product I own I thought I should start with something that seemed foolproof.

The colour is a nice pale coral and has a slight sheeny shine to it which is nice for an easy all round lip look. With my lips the sheen fades as the day goes by but leaves a stain of coral on my lips which I prefer much better than the pearlescent sheen that it starts off with. The minty menthol smell however put me off completely. I'm not sure if that goes for all of the Revlon balms but mine certainly gave a tingly sensation on my lips when I applied it. It doesn't advertise any healing properties but I guess since it is a balm it carries out the expected lip balm duties which is a nice concept that perhaps needs a bit more work. Hopefully the new Revlon Lacquer and Matte balms should be less smelly!

Overall, for my first lip crayon experience it wasn't too bad. Revlon certainly know how to own the drugstore with their lip products so this is something I'm willing to overlook before I find another dupe lip crayon with a less mentholly after-smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric