Sunday 19 January 2014

What a Statement!




Statement necklaces are a style must have for all year round, typically because of its ability to jazz up any outfit and add personality to something plain. Every store has a different take to the statement necklace through their designs and I like to pick up varying styles so I can alternate my look now and again.

My four top picks coincidentally all go along a floral motif theme which kind of throws my previous advice out the window. But what can I say? I can't help a good ole' flower!

The necklace on the far left is by far something really different in my whole jewellery collection. I was drawn to the rusty gold colour and the nude pink stone in the middle- it's just gorgeous. I believe this was from new look perhaps two years back and I must've been really surprised finding this because it has such an Egyptian vibe to it with its shape and length- perfect to create a statement.

The middle top necklace is my most worn item out of the bunch and I love it. I picked it up at Superdrugs of all places three winters ago and just can't stop wearing it. I haven't seen anything else like this in the shops, especially the bulky flower petals with the chain metal detail and faux diamond. The colour is beautiful too. The blush pink hue is great for the pastel trend floating about and is nice if you want to add something girly to your outfit.

The one beneath that one is another New Look piece I received as a gift. I must admit I wasn't too keen on it at first but once I found something to wear it with I was changed in my verdict. It isn't the most versatile to my wardrobe but again suits the pastel theme trend. I can imagine wearing it with a plain white t-shirt and jeans, with a nice sandal in the summer, but I don't think it's very winter appropriate.

Last but not least is my most recent splurge from Dorothy Perkins, in the UK. I love this necklace because it doubles up as a headpiece and doesn't look tacky or too much. This is more of an evening necklace and I like how its a subtle statement and doesn't have a thick chain on it. It's more structured into a circle shape so it sits nicely on the collar bone and doesn't move around.

My next venture is to get more daytime pieces that can be equally versatile and used as an evening statement too. Zara and Topshop have amazing inspiration and style ideas or you could go for Primark too- they've recently started a Limited Edition collection that is up to par with some of the more expensive necklaces from other stores.

What kind of statement do you go for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric