Monday 24 February 2014

get Ready For Revision~Execution



Now... As far as revision goes the hardest most painful part is executing the work load. Believe you me I've been pushed, threatened and shoved but being the procrastinator I am I can't seem to get work done to save my life.
Getting work done= free time. So keep that in the front of your brain and then it will help you realise that you're not going to be working for the whole 24 hour period of the day. Once you've organised your work load for the day ( should be achievable ) then you can get to the gruelling part and do it. I've mentioned this in my previous GRFR posts, but reiterate it again you should have treats for the end of the day. I know what you're all thinking 'I'm not a dog!' But just think about it. Would you like a day full of revision only to have a babysitting job or cleaning to do afterwards? Or would you love to indulge in a chocolate bar watching your favourite movie and lying in bed? I think I know whihc I'd prefer.

Other tips to execute your work
  • Get into a routine- Once you've grasped the concept the revision routine will kick in and it will all flow throughout the day. Test out a day or two with different timetables and select which one works best.
  • Minimise distractions- This is gone into detail in the previous post. But just to recap you should find somewhere that's quiet and easy to revise in.  Don't be afraid to get comfy. Get a cushion and a nice chair- just make sure you don't fall asleep on the job!
  • Alarms- can help you stay on track of time so you are on target for completion
  • Organisation- A cluttered load leads to a cluttered mind and stress, so remain on top of the sheets and books to feel at ease rather than confused and flustered with the piles of sheets.
  • Change your position from time to time- Sitting in the same seat for a hour can get tiring. Have a place where you can switch up zones to revise like a window seat, dining table, etc that way you get a little exercise and loose the tired-ness while your at it 
Lastly, know your goal. If you have an aim you have to work for it to achieve it. Success doesn't come for free or without a few sweat and tears lost in the process. If you care about your future you would care about the present and work for the things you deserve. Executing the workload seems hard and can be at the most of times but having that goal set means you have an aim to achieve. So work hard at it no matter what the cost. Once you've attained the dream it'll be worth it in the end.

I know this was a bit of a short post but I didn't want to ramble on with the same tips I've mentioned before. Have a look back at the other posts in the series or wait till Friday for the final instalment of the Get ready for revision series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric