Thursday 12 June 2014

Slawed Salad Base // Recipe

So this is a bit of an impromptu post just to share my new obsession with this salad base. You could really eat it as it is but the way I choose to tuck in is with added additions like a healthy grilled chicken breast and dressing. But the recipe is really neutral so you could add tuna, potatoes and whatsoever you wish to jazz the raw veggies up.

This salad in particular is made of;
  • iceberg lettuce
  • mixed leaves (rocket etc that comes pre-packed)
  • carrot
  • tomatoes - ideally cherry or plum for the sweetness
  • cucumber
  • olives 
  • lemon (ideally the yellow type)
Now the actually method is literally just to slaw everything and anything. If you have a grater then go ahead and get grating, but even better if you have a food processor with a grating attachment whizz that all up. Sadly I took a less speedy process and took to it with a traditional knife and chopping board combo. I don't know what the technical term is but I 'julienned' it ( is that the word? )

If you'd like me to feature a post on how I use this base to make recipes then pop me a comment below, I honestly love hearing your responses and views.

1 comment:

Design by | SweetElectric