Wednesday 23 July 2014

Cinnamon Yoghurt Cake | Recipe





So I'm back with a recipe and this week it's one I've adapted from various recipes into my own. It turned out pretty decent and I'm actually chuffed with the end taste and result, it was delish! Now it doesn't have a formal name as of yet so suggestions are welcome! For now it's a ....

Cinnamon yoghurt cake with a peanut butter honey yoghurt drizzle.

THE RECIPE-

Ingredients:
  • 365g of yoghurt ( I used strawberry and no traces of strawberry flavour was translated to the cake)
  • 160ml of olive oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 310 self raising flour
  • 1/2 bi carb flour
  • 385g sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 tsp of cinnamon ( or for cinnamon lovers like me, as much as you like!)
for drizzle
  • half a cup of plain yoghurt
  • 1 tbsp of peanut butter
  • a large drizzle of honey
  • 1 tbsp of icing sugar
Method:

Mix all the ingredients into a bowl, typically adding the dry portion sifted into the well mixed wet half of the batter. Place into a loaf tin that is buttered and lined with parchment and shove into an oven heated to 170 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes ( depending on oven it may take up to an hour so check with a wooden skewer if the cake is done). NOTE, the house/ kitchen will smell divine with a cinnamon-y aroma- might will be hard to resist a cheeky peek in the oven but leave the cake in there for the full 45 mins before opening any oven doors!

Whilst the cake is cooling place the yoghurt, honey, sugar and peanut butter into a bowl and whisk until creamy. Sadly I got too ahead of myself and skipped the 'until creamy' part, hence the rather blobby peanut butter chunks on my cake- not going to lie it looks bad but tasted sooooo good!

And if the pictures aren't a testimony to the moist texture of the cake then take my word for it, it was rather yummy!

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious, I miss baking so much as I don't have an oven right now :(

    - Olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks amazing. I bet it tastes really good too!

    industrialbarbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you and oh no I would be lost without my oven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your right about that, it tasted delish ;)

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric