Tuesday 11 November 2014

Mini Makeup Revolution Haul

Seeing as Superdrugs currently have a free delivery policy over £10 I thought I'd have a browse at the Makeup Revolution offerings as I can't seem to find an actual store that has the brand inside. I've been eyeing up the brand ever since it launched so I thought it was about time that I road tested some products.

If you've seen my wishlists you would've seen my longing desire to own the Iconic 2 palette. I had seen amazing comparisons of it against the Urban Decay naked 2 palette and thought it was worth the £30+ saving to pick up the MR alternative. Now that I physically own it I am in love! It's great for everyday use as well as special occasions because the shades are a mix of shimmer, matte and glitter. Definitely a cheap but cheerful purchase for £4 and it has me considering whether to bag more palettes by MR.

The second buy was the concealer. I was in the market for a concealer just because my foundation sometimes doesn't give enough of the coverage I need for my under eye region. It was only £1.50 too so I thought I would road test the formula against my Collection lasting perfection concealer for a comparison. On first look it's very thick and a little definitely goes a long way, but I haven't worn it long enough to rate the wear of it just yet. I took a plunge and guessed the shade online so luckily 'medium' turned out to be a perfect match. I'll report back with a review on this concealer soon!

So that was my mini Makeup Revolution haul for you guys. If you guys own any other products from the brand what do you recommend me to get next? The baked blushes look like amazing dupes for the Hourglass ones and I'm tempted to give them a try, what's your opinion on them? MR are definitely becoming the new 'affordable yet effective' brand out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric