Friday 20 February 2015

new in: Makeup Bits

So it was my birthday earlier this month and I've been slowly collecting makeup bits I've treated myself to as well as been ever so kindly gifted by my friends and family.

Maybelline colour tattoo | leather effect in creamy beige- really creamy and has a mousse-like texture perfect for everyday use. It has a slight shimmer that catches the light really beautifully so I'm super excited to use it more.

Loreal Nude Magique | Blur cream in light/medium, really light weight and on first impressions it gives a really nice airbrush feel on the skin. The coverage is light to none even but I like how it creates a flawless base and gives slight colour for those non-makeup days.

17 hide away concealer | medium - claims to be a creamy concealer with a matte finish so I'm interested to see if the matte ( perfect  for me ) or if it comes across cakey.

Topshop lipstick | Beguiled- a cool toned burgundy more on the purple side than red but beautiful nonetheless. Matte with a slight glitter running through which is not too harsh or unflattering on the lips.

Rimmel exaggerate eyeliner | 212 rich brown- a gorgeous dark brown that comes across almost chocolate brown on the eyes but is buildable to the dark ( almost black ) brown. It comes with a handy mini sharpener and smudging tool on the end which is so convenient! Plus you can't go wrong with Rimmel liners- best in the drugstore in my opinion, so creamy.

Rimmel exaggerate lip liner| 045 epic- after looking up and down for the infamous addiction shade I settled with epic as it was still along the brown-toned pink route I was looking for. It twists up which is a bonus for my lack of sharpener (need to get one pronto! ) and it creates a nice base for my nude lipsticks, especially the special new lipstick I was oh so generously gifted, but that's for another post.

So those were my latest makeup purchases, any thing that's caught your eye lately in the drugstore?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric